The Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is pleased to announce the recipients of the Genitourinary Cancers Merit Awards. Conquer Cancer Merit Awards recognize oncology fellows’ and trainees’ high-quality research submitted in abstracts to an ASCO-sponsored or cosponsored meeting, and the selected early-career researchers of the Genitourinary Cancers Merit Awards will present their findings at the 2019 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium in San Francisco, Calif.
The following individuals are 2019 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Merit Award recipients:
- Jad Chahoud, MD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Manon de Vries-Brilland, MSc, Integrated Centers of Oncology (ICO) Paul Papin, Angers, France
- Shaan Dudani, MBChB, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, University of Calgary
First-line (1L) immuno-oncology (IO) combination therapies in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): Preliminary results from the International Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Database Consortium (IMDC). (Abstract 584)
- Stefanie Christine Fischer, MD, University of Manchester, and The Christie Manchester
- Yesser Ged, MBBS, MRCP, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Alterations in DNA damage repair (DDR) genes and outcomes to systemic therapy in 225 immune-oncology (IO) versus tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) treated metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (mccRCC) patients (pts). (Abstract 551)
- Melissa J. Huynh, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Jean-Michel Lavoie, MD, BC Cancer
- Rebeca Lozano Mejorada, MD, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre
- Tim Nestler, MD, University Hospital of Cologne
- Adam Sharp, MD, PhD, The Institute of Cancer Research and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Yee Pei Song, MRCP, FRCR, The University of Manchester
The 2019 Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Merit Awards in genitourinary cancers are supported by Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; ASCO Employees; AstraZeneca; Friends and Family of Dr. and Mrs. Ronald Beller; Dr. and Mrs. Douglas W. Blayney; Breast Cancer Research Foundation®; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Jonathan K. and Cora Y. Cho Charitable Fund; Eisai Inc.; Estate of Darla C. Ellis; G1 Therapeutics; GlaxoSmithKline Oncology; Dr. Arti Hurria and Dr. Hyman B. Muss; Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.; Dr. Michael Kelley and Dr. Elise Hoffman; Kidney Cancer Association; Lilly; Loxo Oncology; Friends and Family of Dr. James B. Nachman; Northern New England Clinical Oncology Society; Dr. Kathleen Pritchard Medicine Professional Corporation; Sarah Cannon Research Institute; Dr. Frances A. Shepherd; Dr. Stephen A. Sherwin; Drs. Rachna and Puneet Shroff; Dr. Nizar M. Tannir; TESARO; and Dr. Michael and Mrs. Deborah Troner.
For more information on the Merit Awards program or instructions on how to apply, visit CONQUER.ORG/Merit-award.