When grief is an occupational hazard, it’s hard not to bring work home. Lidia Schapira teaches doctors how to help patients approach the end of their lives. What kind of lessons did her children learn from a parent who regularly cares for and loses seriously ill patients?
Lauren Goldstein talks to Dr. Schapira, her mother, the current Editor in Chief of Cancer.Net, and a Conquer Cancer donor about growing up in the shadows of cancer.
Join Dr. Schapira is raising funds to Conquer Cancer.
- Enrique Soto, MD and Yanin Chavarri, MD
Falling in Love With Oncology
- Brittany Sullivan and John Sullivan
Finding Hope in the Face of Cancer
- Matt Wiemer and Dave Wiemer
- Priscilla Brastianos, MD and Evanthia Galanis, MD
A Daughter Keeps Her Promise
- Lawrence Einhorn, MD, FASCO with Patrick Loehrer, MD, FASCO
The Path to a Cure
- Kathleen Knafl, PhD, FAAN and Deborah Mayer, PhD, AOCN, ANP-BC
When Cancer Is Your Career