The Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Endowed Young Investigator Award (YIA) in Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL) provides funding to promising investigators to encourage and promote quality clinical research in MCL. The purpose of this award is to fund physicians during the transition from a fellowship program to a faculty appointment. The Conquer Cancer Foundation welcomes application submissions only from investigators who are committed to conducting clinical and translational MCL research.
The Young Investigator Award is a one-year grant totaling $50,000. This endowed grant allows Conquer Cancer to award a YIA in MCL each year.
*The deadline has been extended to January 3rd, 2019.*
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Endowed Young Investigator Award in MCL:
- Be a physician (MD, DO, or international equivalent) working in any country and currently in the last two years of his/her final subspecialty training at an academic medical institution and within 10 years of obtaining his/her medical degree at the time of grant submission. Examples of subspecialty training include, but are not limited to, a hematology-oncology fellowship, a surgical oncology fellowship, or a radiation oncology residency. An MD, PhD is eligible if both degrees are completed prior to the start of the grant period.
- Be planning an investigative career in clinical oncology with a focus in mantle cell lymphoma
- Have a valid, active medical license in the country where the research will be conducted at the time of application.
- An institutional commitment for a faculty appointment at the time of grant submission is not required, but the applicant should be working in an oncology laboratory or clinical research setting.
- Have a mentor with expertise in the field from the sponsoring institution. The mentor must assume responsibility and provide guidance for the research. If the mentor is not an ASCO member, a supporting letter from an ASCO member from the sponsoring institution must be included.
- Be an ASCO member or have submitted a membership application with the grant application. To apply for new membership, or to renew an existing membership, go to http://www.asco.org/membership.
- Be able to commit at least 60% of full- time effort in research (applies to total research, not just the proposed project) during the award period.
- Eligible physicians are allowed to hold only one grant from Conquer Cancer at a time.
All applications must be submitted in accordance to the requirements and instructions of the Request for Proposals. All application materials must be in English and must be submitted through the Grants Portal. Paper applications or applications sent by e-mail or fax will not be accepted.